We are looking for a super talented senior designer with proven experience within a creative corporate brand communications business to become an integral part of our agency and help continue to build our reputation as a highly creative London studio.
You will have a flexible approach that could see you involved across a range of projects from strategic brand work to corporate and employee engagement and annual reports. You will be required to work with clients and team members to produce design excellence, balanced with meeting deadlines and budgets.
This position reports into the Creative Director – important aspects of the role and requirements are detailed below:
- Create unique design solutions which will surprise and delight clients.
- You will be both concept and strategy focused taking a strong lead on assigned accounts.
- Solid understanding of client deliverables and the ability to take responsibility for them.
- The primary knowledge source and responsible for the understanding and implementation of client’s brand guidelines and design resources such as image libraries and brand assets.
- Own client projects by thoroughly researching and understanding both the client and their business in addition to the requirements and intricacies of individual project briefs. You will take responsibility for understanding a client organisation, market and operations in order to think strategically about design solutions and not rely on all information to be supplied by colleagues.
- You will be required to clearly articulate concepts to clients, account and other creative team members.
- Attend new business meetings, pitches and incumbent client meetings as required.
- In time, become a lead design contact for clients by developing client relationships from initial contact/brie?ng to presenting work and subsequently receiving design feedback directly from clients and managing the implementation of this within the team.
- Strong conceptual skills and fluent in current graphic design practices and software including, but not exclusively, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and when needed, basic knowledge of Microsoft applications. Any understanding of Sketch and After Effects would also be great but not essential.
- Ability to check and approve artwork and printers proofs.
- Able to pass work on press on behalf of the company and client.
- Art direct photography shoots and illustrators when required.
- Enthusiastic about designing and delivering superb presentations.
- Passionate about design and relentless in seeking new ideas and approaches to improve personal, team and business performance; shapes what great work looks like with the Creative Director.
The design team
- Delegate tasks to junior members of the design team and guide/mentor them to produce the highest quality design projects.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through to completion, including managing and working with third parties where applicable (e.g. illustrators, photographers, copywriters, programmers etc.).
- Effectively manage multiple projects of varying complexities and work well under pressure.
- Maintain accurate ?ling system for work in progress and make sure other members of the design team understand and follow the agreed ?ling system.
- Adhere to the use of incumbent studio software and process solutions e.g. TrafficLive.
- Deliver strong and effective creative solutions whilst adhering to project budgets and schedules.
- Meet overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced working environment without substituting quality or accuracy.
- You will need to fully appreciate how this role fits into the strategic objectives of the client and agency, and communicate well and collaborate at all times with colleagues across the agency.
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues to resolve complex communication issues and relate well with all levels of the agency.
- Adhere to and promote compliance with all company policies and working practices as laid out in the Company Handbook and related Company Policies.
In simple terms, we are looking for a great senior designer with an exciting portfolio that demonstrates a proven track record of working with large global organisations on the design of print and digital brand communications. You need to be motivated and excited to come and play an important part in the continued growth of our independent creative studio.
Please express your interest using the form below and please state your salary expectations on your covering letter.
Recruitment agencies: please don’t contact us. We work with a select number of agencies who know who we are and we would prefer not to have unsolicited communication from anyone else – thank you.