We are looking for a strategic thinking, super talented mid-weight designer that has been working in corporate brand communications environment. With 3–6 years under your belt you will be an experienced Middleweight Designer looking for a fresh challenge in a leading creative business communications agency.
We are a leading creative business communications agency, delivering expert strategic thinking and superb creativity for clients of all shapes and sizes, from FTSE 100 to challenger brands.
We deliver positive change by working in partnership with our clients to solve their communication and engagement challenges.
We are looking for a thoughtful, super talented mid-weight designer that has been working in corporate brand communications environment. With 3–6 years under your belt you will be an experienced Middleweight Designer looking for a fresh challenge in a leading creative business communications agency. You will have proven experience of working across brand campaigns, employee engagement and investor communications projects, bringing them to life with thoughtful creativity and great ideas.
You will deliver creative solutions than inspire our clients and pushes their creative brief and seek to find fascinating, brilliant external stimuli that you can bring back to the SampsonMay Design studio!
What we would like to see:
- A genuine passion for design and communications - reflected through a creatively strong folio of work, showing ideas and execution.
- A competent layout designer, adept at grid, structure, typography, pace and putting content on the page in an engaging way.
- Someone who can understand and design for any channel and any discipline: print, digital, brand, campaigns.
- An effective communicator, you'll be able to articulate your thinking and work to the team and at client meetings as required.
- You'll be able to take direction where necessary and be able to run with an idea, develop it and then hone and craft into a superb finished design concept.
- Someone who listens and then asks the right questions.
- A confidence in being able to commission and brief photography and illustrators when necessary.
- A good time manager, you'll be able to manage overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced working environment without substituting quality or accuracy.
- Fluent in current graphic design practices and software including, but not exclusively, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- Animation skills or motion design experience and advantage but not essential.
- Finally, you'll be a smart cookie and be able to bring that smartness to how you communicate and execute your ideas.
Why join us?
We offer a culture that fosters creativity and free-thinking so if you are looking to develop your career and want to help shape our agency then we’d like to hear from you.
Please note, this job description can be updated and amended at any time by SampsonMay and in this instance an updated copy will be provided and explained to you.
Recruitment agencies: please don’t contact us. We work with a select number of agencies who know who we are and we would prefer not to have unsolicited communication from anyone else – thank you.