We are looking for a Midweight Brand Strategist to join us on a freelance or contract term (for about two-three months), with experience of working on B2B and corporate brands.
SampsonMay’s purpose is to make unique count and our strategy team plays a central role in helping our clients and creative teams achieve that by turning insights into great brand strategy that inspires our creative work and clients.
A mid-weight brand strategist who manages and provides the analysis and consultancy to brand, positioning, purpose, values, value proposition, and EVP development projects, working with client services and design teams, with oversight from the Director of Strategy. Day-to-day they would work autonomously on small and mid-sized projects, and with the Director of Strategy on larger projects.
- Definition of a brand strategy to meet client objectives, expectations and ambitions.
- Consultancy and advising clients on setting direction for their brand.
- Planing discussion guides and interviewing leaders and senior executives to build insight about their business and branding needs.
- Designing, running and analysing workshops to gather inputs, develop and stress test brand strategies and positioning options.
- Desk research on markets and brands.
- Analysis of competitor brands, positioning and messaging.
- Definition of brand strategies, producing creative briefs and working with creative teams to develop core thoughts for brand and other creative concepts.
- Planning brand messaging frameworks and tone of voice; managing copywriters in the development of messaging and tone of voice.
- Ability and experience of writing copy, relevant but not essential.
- Planning brand launch and employee engagement programmes.
- Planning and managing audience research to test concepts.
- Experience of conducting and debriefing clients on external audience research, relevant, but not essential.
Level and type of relevant experience
A strategist with at least 3 years agency experience, confident in working with senior clients. A good range of experience of working on B2B and corporate brands in at least a couple of sectors is essential.
Please use the form below to send your contact details and relevant CV (you can use the 'portfolio URL' link to add your LinkedIn profile).