We are looking for a talented Account Director with B2B / corporate agency experience and a background in delivering integrated communications across both digital and print channels.
Our Client Services team oversea both client and project management. Account Directors are key to the development of strong client relationships, providing both an advisory and account development role to both plan, manage and deliver client projects and develop and grow the long-term profitability of accounts.
We are looking for an Account Director with a strong digital background in delivering corporate websites and related digital marketing integrations and products. Experience in corporate brand development across both print and offline channels is also required to enable the delivery of multi-channel corporate brand campaigns and communications.
Preferred background & experience
- 8 years + client services experience in a B2B / corporate agency environment
- Currently in an Account Director / Client Director role
- Track record in planning and growing B2B accounts across disciplines
- Strong digital experience including corporate websites and broader digital marketing, knowledge of corporate branding and offline communications
Would also consider:
- Experienced Senior Account Managers ready to take the next step in their career
Skills and expertise
- Relationship management and development - experienced at leading relationships with mid-level and senior-level clients and networking to broaden your influence
- Account development - development of new business from existing clients, and planning and executing rigorous account development plans across disciplines to deliver account retention and growth
- Our agency offer - strong knowledge of best practice thinking across our disciplines, with a focus on digital strategy, design and delivery and a passion for brands, design, marketing and technology
- Team working - the ability to inspire and engage project teams and work in a close, collaborative way with colleagues (project management, creative, consulting) to deliver best-in-class work and create the best possible client experience
- Financial management - highly numerate with a strong understanding of all areas of agency financial management
- Written output - excellent level of written work with the ability to write clear and engaging proposals, presentation content and reports
- Knowledge of B2B sector (e.g. financial & professional services, life sciences), investor relations and working with PLC organisations and IPOs
- Working knowledge of MacOS and key applications (Pages, Keynote), Microsoft Office 365 and Synergist agency management software
The role of Account Director is to contribute to the success of SampsonMay by managing relationships with a portfolio of clients to retain and grow business. The Account Director will work closely with internal teams (including project management, creative and consulting) to ensure that work is delivered to best-in-class standards and to ensure that our clients have the best possible experience working with us.
Account and relationship development:
- Foster close, trusted relationships with client contacts (with a focus on mid to senior levels) as a trusted partner and advisor, with an excellent understanding of their business and their sector, and knowledge of our key agency offers
- Develop and convert new opportunities by elevating our agency profile, networking, anticipating client needs and proactive cross-selling of our agency offers
- Develop and deliver effective Key Account Plans to meet account targets and objectives – monitor these plans so they are being actioned and continue to grow in line with changes in the market and client teams
- Leading on the preparation, delivery and presentation of exceptional credentials decks, proposals and other key deliverables
- Collaboration with the internal agency team, adding value and inspiring by acting as the client’s advocate in briefing sessions and internal reviews
- Leading client meetings including presentations, workshops and status meetings; steering the meetings and contributing a considered, valuable point of view
- Oversight of all of their client accounts’ workstreams to ensure we are working in a ‘joined-up’, coordinated way across disciplines to meet the clients’ objectives
- Hands-on project management of some jobs where appropriate to include planning, client communication, resource and financial management (most jobs will be delivered by our project management team)
- Create clear, well-written client documentation including briefs, contact reports and presentation content
- Strong management of all key financial metrics including revenue and profitability
- Work with the agency team to ensure our projects are costed correctly, run as effectively and efficiently as possible and time and costs are allocated correctly - making the relevant interventions to protect the agency’s margins
- Contribution to new business activity by proactively spotting prospects and opportunities and participating in new business pitches
- Contribute to a strong agency culture by demonstrating our values, collaborating with and supporting all team members
- Mentor and guide junior colleagues - with potential for future line management responsibility
- Help build the agency’s external profile by contribution to reputation building, social media activity and industry events
SampsonMay is an award-winning, independent digital creative agency. We provide strategic consultancy, branding, design and content creation services.
Since 2001 we have worked with sector-leading multinationals through to established independents and progressive start-ups to help shape organisational culture, drive operational performance and propel business growth.
Our work is focussed on the following disciplines:
- Strategy & consultancy: we solve problems and identify communications opportunities to create distinctive and impactful work that makes a commercial difference.
- Brand creation & evolution: we develop powerful, creative expressions for brands that work in practice and endure over time to stay fresh and relevant.
- Design & content: we create content and integrated communications that inspire, bring brands to life and deliver results.
- Technology & digital services: we create the foundations and platforms for highly effective digital communications and products through our consultancy, data and technology services.
Our purpose, ‘To make unique count’, means that we value the unique differences in every client and every member of our team. It guides our thinking and behaviours, helping us to create powerful brands and communications that bring out the best in everyone.
We are an equal opportunities employer – we believe in offering an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age or disability we are committed to offering an inclusive work environment.